-->

9/23/11

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

Well, that sermon was pretty powerful, huh?

I'm guessing the Puritans had no other choice but to follow along and keep the faith in their religion, since I wouldn't want to anger God if I were them. Following that religion would make me question my every move and do crazy things to please the God I was worshiping. The chaos would be much worse than with a lack of any religion, wouldn't it? It's better to leave something as it is then try to create something new and hope it works out okay.

Even in other religions, such as Christianity, God is supposedly very accepting and loves everyone. Yet, people say it's his word that some people were born evil and some people should go to hell. Really? There are many contradictions throughout. The extremities to which Puritans take their faith is absurd in my opinion. If the one I worshiped is just as evil as the devil, why bother?

Puritans overthought these things and unfortunately lived the wrong way. Sure, they have the option of choosing their own religion. But who's to say theirs was correct? Who's to say any religion is correct? These people made the religion just to keep everyone else in check, and to stay in power. If something exists to give you control over others, why would you deny its existence?

No comments:

Post a Comment